- RSS Channel Showcase 7968664
- RSS Channel Showcase 8425413
- RSS Channel Showcase 7377594
- RSS Channel Showcase 7385929
Articles on this Page
- 12/25/14--06:00: _The glitter lipstic...
- 12/25/14--23:05: _10 Dazzling New Yea...
- 12/29/14--07:30: _6 Ways to give your...
- 12/30/14--04:00: _9 Tips to make tigh...
- 12/30/14--07:25: _17 Glam New Year's ...
- 12/31/14--04:00: _The 10-minute DIY b...
- 12/31/14--15:00: _7 Insider secrets t...
- 12/31/14--18:00: _DIY avocado face ma...
- 12/31/14--21:00: _14 Tips to style yo...
- 01/02/15--09:00: _70-year-old man obs...
- 01/02/15--09:10: _9 Beauty hacks for ...
- 01/05/15--07:30: _Scientist accepts N...
- 01/06/15--07:30: _Dolce & Gabbana...
- 01/06/15--08:30: _12 Things only wome...
- 01/06/15--09:30: _5 Great hacks to co...
- 01/06/15--10:30: _15 Things only girl...
- 01/06/15--11:00: _8 Ways to make chea...
- 01/07/15--16:23: _Jennie Garth has in...
- 01/07/15--17:30: _Why calling out thi...
- 01/07/15--20:12: _Target's new design...
- 12/25/14--06:00: The glitter lipstick tutorial you should pin ASAP
- 12/25/14--23:05: 10 Dazzling New Year's Eve dresses under $100
- 12/29/14--07:30: 6 Ways to give your little black dress a facelift
- 12/30/14--04:00: 9 Tips to make tights actually look flattering
- 12/30/14--07:25: 17 Glam New Year's Eve dresses under $20
- 12/31/14--04:00: The 10-minute DIY blanket vest
- 12/31/14--15:00: 7 Insider secrets to make your at-home manicure look profesh
- 12/31/14--18:00: DIY avocado face mask is perfect for soothing dry winter skin
- 12/31/14--21:00: 14 Tips to style your hair based on texture
- 01/02/15--09:00: 70-year-old man obsessed with living like a female sex doll
- 01/02/15--09:10: 9 Beauty hacks for the morning after
- 01/05/15--07:30: Scientist accepts Nobel Prize in crazy custom gown
- 01/06/15--07:30: Dolce & Gabbana ad features some very unlikely models
- 01/06/15--08:30: 12 Things only women with freckles understand
- 01/06/15--09:30: 5 Great hacks to combat hair static
- 01/06/15--10:30: 15 Things only girls with thin lips understand
- 01/06/15--11:00: 8 Ways to make cheap jewelry look expensive
- 01/07/15--16:23: Jennie Garth has inspiring, spot-on view towards beauty and aging
- 01/07/15--17:30: Why calling out thigh gaps in ads hurts more than it helps
- 01/07/15--20:12: Target's new designer collaboration is very Jackie O
The holidays are the perfect time to bust out a glittery statement lip that gives Dorothy's ruby slippers a run for their money. A sparkly pout is easy to do and will literally make you shine at any cocktail party.
2015 will be here in a matter of time and we all have special ways of welcoming a new beginning. Some rituals consist of intimate dinners over candlelight with a loved one, some are cherished with girlfriends who live in different states, and then there are the wildly glamorous parties we flock to with certainty of good times ahead.
It's that magical time of year — time to whip out your little black dress and hit all those holiday parties you've been invited to. But you've been wearing the same old, same old for ages and don't have the extra cash to plunk down for a new dress.
We hear a lot about leggings these days. Leggings aren't pants; leggings aren't tights; everyone loves leggings, blah, blah, blah. If pantyhose are like that weird great aunt you have who visits and leaves her rose-smelling face powder all over your bathroom floor, then tights have been relegated to the role of Cousin You Have Who Never Leaves The House. So unfair. Tights are a stylish cold weather staple that everyone should have in their drawer and it just takes a few great tips to learn how to make your tights look super flattering.
Whether you're getting all dolled up or taking it easy with your besties, New Year's Eve wouldn't be complete without a cute party dress. These 17 picks will make you look like a million bucks :
We all have a scarf hidden at the back of our closet that we never wear, but can't bear to get rid of. Breathe new life into that old scarf by transforming it into a cozy blanket-style vest in a matter of minutes. A few strategic tweaks and you'll have yourself a good-as-new addition to your wardrobe!
Ah, the trials and tribulations of the at-home manicure. One moment, you're patting yourself on the back for your even-coated, steadily-applied nail job. The next, there are air-bubbles galore in your nearly-professional looking manicure. So what's a girl to do?
Face masks can serve a number of purposes. Some cleanse, others tighten, but this time of year I look for those that nourish. Tanking temperatures and windy weather can lead to dry, even chapped, skin and I find a moisturizing face mask helps reverse the impact of the elements.
Wishing for another hair texture simply isn't the answer, no matter what type of hair makes its home on your head.
A 70-year-old man will appear on TLC to showcase his obsession with dressing like a female sex doll. It's unusual and a little unsettling to see an elderly male covered in plastic designed to make him look like a young, sexy woman, but this man owns it.
We've all been there: You wake up the morning after a great night out, only to discover you feel like death warmed over as soon as you try to lift your head off the pillow. Crawling back under the covers isn't an option — you have to be at work or a baby shower or some other event where your partying ways will be scorned.
Luckily, you more than likely have a few tricks in your makeup bag — not to mention your fridge — to look as polished and pretty as if you'd slept eight hours and drank only water. Here's how to look, and feel, much better than you actually deserve to:
If you are ever in the market for an empowering role model for your daughters who also happens to rock it in the fashion department, look no further than May-Britt Moser. On Dec. 10 she accepted her Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine... while wearing a custom-designed dress highlighting her discovery.
Getting old isn't something most of us are excited to do. Let's face it, the aging process is not particularly kind to most of us and our bodies, faces and eventually minds tend to shift and droop and alter in ways we aren't always expecting. But the newest ad from one of the most prestigious fashion houses in the world celebrates aging in a gentle and cheerful way. We love it.
So, you have freckles and you dig them... you know, for the most part. Like all features that make us unique, it's easy to have a love/hate relationship with them. They're kind of high maintenance and there's no way to get your makeup right, but they're what make you stand out amongst your fresh faced friends. All we can do is embrace them, and do our best to deal with these 12 things that will always happen because of them:
Here's a typical winter beauty fail: You're rocking your sleek and pretty hair… and then you pull a sweater over your head, put on your coat or remove a hat or scarf and poof. You look like an angry cat with your hair standing on end. And any attempts to smooth it down just make things so much worse. You've been the victim of hair static. The good news is, with the right products and some home remedies, you can keep the troll-doll look at bay.
We all have one thing about our body we wish we could change. For many of us, that one thing is our lips... our very, very, thin lips. And the hangup started not because of the pouty supermodels in magazines, but a slumber party of yore — you know, back in the day when sleeping over at your BFF's house meant makeoverrrs! Only, when she told you to pucker up and you did, she continued to stand there, lip gloss wand in hand, as if you hadn't puckered at all. Womp, womp.
So, Santa didn't leave you a tiny blue Tiffany box in your stocking this year. And your neck feels positively naked and cold and, oh, life is so unfair. Before you reach for that clunky beaded, bedazzled, throw-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-on-it "statement" necklace, get ready to pick up a few tricks that will make your cheapest jewelry pieces look like they cost you a million bucks.
Random trivia: Who knows where Jennie Garth went to high school? Answer: Phoenix, Arizona! As this is also my hometown, I was stoked to snag a chance to interview her behind the scenes at a recent makeover event. (Plus, I just finished binge watching The Jennie Garth Project on HGTV, where I was reminded just how cool Kelly Taylor, erm, Jennie Garth is.
I love Pinterest, but I had never even heard of a thigh gap before discovering the website in 2011. I'm pretty well-versed on social trends and current events, so if I didn't know about it chances are most other women hadn't heard about this somewhat-mythical body feature either.
Just as Diane Von Furstenberg is to the wrap dress, Lilly Pulitzer is to the shift dress revolution. The designer had an orange juice stand in 1959 in Palm Beach, Florida, which she made from her husband's endless orange groves. One day, she decided to hide all the stains on her dresses by making them in bright, wild prints. Today everyone from the Kennedys the Vanderbilts have worn the Lilly shift.